Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Little Senior Citizen...


Buster occasionally has what I like to call, senior moments. The first one I ever witnessed happened when the doorbell rang and he ran into the the kitchen. He regained his composure once I reminded him that the sound was, in fact, coming from the front door and he happily trotted off in that direction. I guess I should have suspected early on that he has these sorts of special moments. When I first adopted him, I kept him in the kitchen during the day while I was at work, and more than once at the end of the day I found him staring up at a blank wall. At the time I assumed he was working out a complicated mathematical proof or charting his next cartography project. *I have different theories about how he spends his alone time.* Anyhow, last week's senior moment topped any thus far. As I was opening the front door, I could hear him barking. I opened the door slowly because he is usually waiting for me right as the door opens. He was not, however, there. Odd, I thought, but I could still hear him barking so I proceeded into the apartment. He was not in the bathroom, nor was he in his bed. I looked around my apartment, which is to say I looked on the other side of my bed. Finally, I walked over to the kitchen and poked my head around the corner. And a certain someone was standing there, facing one of the cabinets barking at it like a madman. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to hear the cabinet's side of the story in what was clearly a heated debate.

No comments: