Tuesday, October 16, 2007

By All Means, Please Help Yourself...



One of Buster's favorite things to do is to inspect anything I either bring into the apartment or may be using at any given moment to confirm whether or not it is a treat. He'll stand there expectantly until I offer it to him for a quick sniff. This pertains to everything: mugs, forks, a magazine, etc. Every bag's contents must be inspected--he cares not if the bag is from say the Home Depot--an inspection is always required. Last night while I was trying to get a bowl out of my pantry, which is also where all of the Wee One's treats are stored, he sniffed out and grabbed a plastic container full of his treats (the container, mind you, is approximately the size of his wee head) . Holding the tip of the lid between his teeth, he trotted back to his bed with it, where he proceeded to begin opening it. Seeing as it was, in fact, his birthday, I decided to help him out a bit and held on to the bottom while he managed to tear the top off. The lid cast aside, he selected one treat from the container and set it aside. Thinking he was satisfied, I began to put the lid back on. His nose intervened and began selecting treat #2 and setting that aside...I finally intervened at treat #4. Birthday or no birthday, mummy's little piggy can only have so many treats in one sitting.
***sadly, I didn't get a picture of a certain someone's head stuck in the handle of the PETCO plastic bag. I may or may not have been laughing too hard.

3 comments:

Kashmir said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Rescue dogs are the best!

Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday lil one! Dont worry about Mom laughing at your head in the bag loop...my Brownie does it all the time as she "inspects" my bags.

Claire said...

Fantabulous! Happy birthday, little guy.