Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Glimpse of His Old Self


The little old man started panting over the weekend and has been waking me up at night doing the same, which the vet explained to me is a sign he's in pain, which hurts my heart to think about my little soldier suffering at all. Thankfully it's not a regular occurrence yet and he otherwise seems to be okay in spite of the difficultly walking. I think the yoga mats that are laid out around the apartment are a huge help in giving him some traction.

In spite of all of this, I have, however, had two very special moments with him this week. Sunday night, he smiled for the first time in a very long time. And tonight when I was walking down the hall to the apartment I heard a certain little old man's very silly bark, which I have also not heard in a very long time. And to top it all off, he wobbled over to me as I was putting my stuff down and greeted me by pressing his face against my leg. Who has ever heard of such a sweet boy?

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Soldier-on Buster-boy! We're rooting for you :-)

Juanita said...

A message for you:

http://www.therecanbeonlyjuan.com/2009/11/when-stuffs-not-easy.html