Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Little Prince




So, the little old man went to the vet today for what was thought to be a problem with a pad on the bottom of one of his paws, but sadly his diagnosis ended up being much worse. His vet thinks the problem is neurological and likely a brain tumor which is potentially causing a variety of different problems. And while he was a good little soldier throughout the appointment, mum was not. While in the back of my mind ever since I adopted him I have tried to tell myself realistically that my little old man and his big belly would leave me one day, I think that deep down I never actually thought that day would come. But now I am just worried about how to keep him comfortable and happy and loved for whatever time he might have left. I'm just wondering if there's some way to turn that time into forever.

2 comments:

Juanita said...

My hubby and I are so sorry to hear about Buster :-( You'll both be in our thoughts and prayers.

LBk said...

I will give him a squeeze for you. And I have a feeling I will be taking a lot of pictures of the little guy and spoiling him rotten in the days to come, so hopefully there will still be lots of smiles to be had.