Monday, November 12, 2007

Lonesome


I am without the little one for the next two weeks. He is staying with Gammy and Gampy while I head out to sunny California to visit Uncle Eric and some other folks. While it's nice to sleep an extra 20 minutes in the morning, I feel kind of lost and quite blue without my little guy. My mom said he sat and stared at the door for most of the evening until finally acquiescing to a belly rub from my dad.

**It's funny, I knew the little one reminded me of someone or something in this picture and it finally hit me this morning when I was pouring milk into my coffee. He's the spitting image of Dobby the House Elf! In the past, Toby and I have discussed which house the Sorting Hat would place the wee one in. Toby says Slytherin, I vote for Hufflepuff. The little one, however, keeps insisting on Ravenclaw. He never misses an opportunity to be contrary...

1 comment:

Claire said...

I friggin love this photo. His ears are off the hook. :)