Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm Sorry, I Didn't Quite Catch Your Name...




So as I've mentioned before for the first few months I had the little man, I was convinced he was deaf. He has since proven to me that he is very much not deaf, just incredibly stubborn and endlessly capable of ignoring me when he wants to. I had, however, been under the impression recently that he knew his name. It should be noted, though, that I don't actually call him Buster, like ever. In fact, I almost always call him Wee One when I talk to him. Which is a lot, and as I'm sure my neighbors would attest it's a fairly inane dialogue I have going on with him most of the time. Anyhoodle, this past weekend Toby and I were discussing whether or not the little one actually responds to "wee one" as his name. I was a believer, Toby was not. Tobs claimed that the little one is responding to the pitch of my voice when I say "wee one" and not the actual words. To test this, he suggested I say "blrghablrgha" in the same voice I use to call his name. And, well, I'm a little sad to say, it seems that this blog should heretofore be knows as The Incredibly True Adventures of Blrghablrgha. WEE ONE!!

No comments: